Tuesday 12 April 2011

Time waits for no man (or woman)

The days are flying past so quickly at the moment, I don't feel like my feet are touching the ground.

With Music Train last week, the term came to a crescendoing climax seeing each class celebrating the forthcoming Easter holidays sharing hot cross buns, ginger bunny biscuits and chocolates kindly left by the Easter Bunny. It is so strange to think that potentially I would have finished teaching the last of my Bude classes and yet here I stand sit, with a re-jigged plan and I now need to get my head around re-booking forms, class numbers and a brand new venue for May. I am really looking forward to teaching Peter and the wolf next term. Written by Prokofiev in 1936, it is a piece of music I remember first being introduced to over 25 years ago at junior school

Prokofiev was instructed to write a musical symphony for children with the intent to cultivate musical tastes in children from the first years of school. It is scored for flute, oboe, clarinet in A, bassoon, 3 horns, trumpet, trombone, timpani, triangle, tambourine, cymbals, castanets, snare drum, bass drum and strings. Each character in the story has a particular instrument and a musical theme. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILI3s7Wonvg I have lots of puppets with this topic which always goes down well with children so I am looking forward to having lots of fun. Class numbers continue to grow with 2 new families joining us at the end of last term and three new babies joining at the beginning of next. I really feel that Bude has truly taken Music Train to its heart and for that, I am very lucky.

The weekend saw '21st!!' birthday celebrations of a dear friend from the village although the evening saw me driving which is a rarity (thank goodness). Still, great fun was had by all and Helen carried off the black wig (that looked more like a mangled guinea pig) and pink gaudy birthday cake classes beautifully. Is there anything that lady wouldn't look stunning in? And here is the picture to prove it - ONLY JOKING HELEN ;-)

The order of the day today is fun in the sun so lets get up and at em and see what the day has in store for the Ayres family......

No comments:

Post a Comment