Wednesday 6 April 2011

Where did those 7 years go?

7 years ago on 31st March I was about to embark on the most amazing journey-that of motherhood. When I think back to your arrival into the world, and how tiny and fragile you were, I can still hear those sounds you made as you were struggling for breath. A brief cuddle and you were taken from me into the unfamiliar and somewhat frightening surroundings of the Special Care Baby Unit where you stayed for 10 days. You were a mass of wires and sensors and I had to wait a further 5 days from the evening you were admitted before I could have another precious cuddle!!

Fast forward seven years, I love the way your beautiful big blue eyes twinkle when your favourite piece of music is played, the way your soft creative hands resemble daddy's, the way you tell me you love me right to the moon & back. The way your smile is changing as your big teeth emerge, the way you can pick up your guitar and naturally keep rhythm and can play more chords than I can, your honesty when on the rare occasion these days we go clothes shopping and you advise me on an outfit in the changing rooms. The big bear hugs you give me, when we walk along holding hands and at 7 you still don't mind doing so (I feel my days may be numbered there).

Happy birthday big boy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment