Wednesday 23 November 2011

Crafty goings on with The Ayres'

Saturday saw a brand new experience for me - having my own stand at a local craft fair. Well, I say my own stand - I was selling my husbands gorgeous drift wood Christmas trees, my dads stunning hand painted Father Christmas driftwood hanging decorations and my mums beautiful felted snowmen & hearts. So really and truly, I was an absolute fraud with a capital F fronting the stall having not crafted a single contribution!! Well, if we're nit picking, I guess I will have, at some point, helped with the collecting of the drift wood............does that count??

The day was a great success on many levels. I took orders of 3 trees and sold some of each of my parents items, which for the first fair, I was delighted with. Other successes were sitting opposite a very talented friend, aminnybouquet , watching her embroider for most of the morning. The concentration and genuine love of the project she was working on was clear for all to see. Helped along by her gorgeous young daughter, it was amazing to see a little dot threading a needle and sewing so diligently. Beautifully behaved (which for some 5 & 6 year olds in a confined space would prove very challenging), she sat either immersed in her sewing, in her reading or in her amazing chocolate cake lolly. I had one at the end of the day and boy, was it worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment