Sunday 13 November 2011

I get knocked down, but I get up again, you aint never gonna keep me down

Three times....three flaming times I hit the deck today...literally. Although a gorgeous bright and reasonably warm morning, it was damp and after letting the chickens out, on my return to the house, I slipped on the decking. Stanley was eating his breakfast at the kitchen table at the time (which overlooks the garden) and I looked up, somewhat sheepishly it has to be said to peals of laughter. "Ha ha, ha ha mummy. You felllllllll over". Yeah thanks for coming to my rescue Stanners! Luckily I landed on my derrier which it has to be said, is pretty well padded, so nothing too serious.

Next I step out to hang the washing on the line thinking to myself "Right, mind the decking, its w...............................eeeeeeeeet". Over again, this time slipping on the top step and unfortunately I fell backwards and scraped my lower spine. The only saving grace this time, was that no one was there to witness my misfortune!!

Finally, after a mammoth dog poop picking session, would you believe I slipped on the very same step but on the way up this time and scraped both my shins and battered my pride. Legs are still hurting and swollen and it has to be said, should be very bruised but I came in and took Arnica straight away which I think has really helped in keeping the bruising to a minimum.

So guess what I'll be doing next week?? Borrowing a pressure washer from one of my long suffering friends and blasting the living daylights out of the algae that has formed on that flaming decking!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment