Monday 21 March 2011

Its just another manic monday

The progress on the house in just 1 week is in my opinion, nothing short of amazing. Dean has been a real trooper and the upstairs is already transformed with thanks also to my dad and Billy who have had the dusty jobs and tip runs to contend with. It is now officially a 3 bedroomed cottage and the extra space upstairs will make a huge difference to us for the short time we will live there, and hopefully make it all the more saleable for any potential buyers who may be viewing it in the very near future.

My job this morning was to strip the wood chip wallpaper in the boys old room and I must say, what an amazing job I did...........of ducking out of it! I accidentally (on purpose) left my old clothes at home and as I couldn't possibly work in the same attire that I did the school run in, went round to my friends for a girlie group catch up with biscuits which is more the norm of a Monday morning. Sorry Dean. I promise to be more productive at the painting stage and know a bunch of ladies who for a cuppa and some cake will clean the house from top to bottom for us.

Lesson plans for this week nearly complete, I have been blown away by the songs and rhymes Stanley has been singing to me. Being the teacher, I am well aware of all the benefits of music and how children's learning through a mix of repetition and new material takes place, but it is really all falling into place with Stanley now. Mum has been bringing him to my classes since I started teaching and sometimes I forget that my own son is one of the class members and that he too will be benefiting, along with all the other children. He has particularly enjoyed Eyes, nose, cheeky cheeky chin over the last two weeks and Ive heard him mixing a pancake when he was playing with his dolls house. Ive also heard him talking through some of the months of the year this week which is in the key song we are doing in every lesson this half term, so it is a great reminder to me that Music Train and the ethos behind it, really is a winner. Cant believe we only have 3 weeks left

No comments:

Post a Comment