Wednesday 16 March 2011

What a difference a day makes

I find it extraordinary to think that just over 48 hours ago, my house was carpeted, furnished and okay a bit mouldy in places but what do you expect with an old 1900 Cornish stone cottage! The schedule was as follows :- 1) Box up remaining items, remove all bulky furniture and take to the self storage unit
               2) Rip up all carpets and remove skirting boards
               3) Take out bathroom suite
               3) Begin hacking off plaster

It has to be said that I have the most useless arm muscles in the world and whilst my horse riding years as a teenager gave me thighs of steel, I will be no threat to Amir Khan with these biceps. So may I introduce to you BANG IT AND LEG IT REMOVALS! These guys come with a health warning come highly recommended and for anyone looking to move or relocate to the North Cornwall/Devon area, for a highly entertaining experience, this is the South West's answer to the Chuckle brothers. Give them a wide birth!!! Well, actually it was my dad and brother we roped in but they truly are a great double act and I am very much looking forward to listening to them throughout the rest of "operation mammoth task".

Joking aside, the speed at which Dean, Mr & Master P and the help from the local bobby have kicked off the project is amazing and we are already ahead of schedule which is very exciting. Stanley has been getting very confused and cant understand why he is unable to currently live in his own house so I took him around there this afternoon to show him why. This is the image we were met with
24 hours ago this was a magnolia bathroom, with a white suite and tiles!!
The up side of living back with my parents (bet they were hoping to have well and truly seen the back of me by now) is that dare I say it, we feel a bit like The Walton's - 3 generations of the same family living under one roof. If we continue having beautiful weather as we did today, the boys will really be able to appreciate the great outdoors in the space my parents are fortunate to have, climbing the hay bales, collecting the eggs, helping muck out the two Dartmoor ponies etc etc. Spring really does feel like it is only around the corner. Bring it on I say.

Right, time for some beauty sleep, I'm off to bed. Night John Boy..........

No comments:

Post a Comment