Sunday 13 March 2011

Lost and found

1 x comb, 1 x bottle of favourite coloured nail varnish, 1 x arm from Mr Potato Head (Buzz lightyear variety of course), 5 x Lego heads, 3 x wigs (Lego, not Bruce Forsyth stylee), 1 x Charlie Crotchet notation card, 1 x DSI stylus and last but not least, 6 x odd socks!!!! All underneath the antique blanket box at the foot of my bed. Underneath the bed, lets just say the cat left me a little present - not entirely sure how long it has been there but quite a while guessing by the texture. Note to self, I must check under the bed more often - Thanks Angel.

Had an immensely busy weekend. We have pretty much emptied the entire contents of our house which have now been split between a lock up and my parents house in rural North Devon. My better other half has over the last few months erected a beautifully crafted oak framed extension and the knock through is now imminent. So as a family we have decided to bail out. Plus we are having central heating installed and an overhaul on the original part of the house is required so lots of dusty and mucky work ahead.

My very accommodating and long suffering parents have offered to put us up for the next 2-3 months along with our dopey Labrador and afore mentioned generous cat. The first 5 hours have been a breeze - so far so good.

Jamie thoroughly enjoyed his first sleepover on Saturday night where popcorn and The Goonies were on the agenda (great film). Both he and I have made a conscious decision to make the most of our dear friends down here before we leave for Hertfordshire in the summer. I was having a teary day a few days ago at the thought of leaving them all behind and someone said some wise words to me - "Friends are friends no matter how near or far you are" and I really do hope that statement stands the test of time.

Was great catching up with Craig (my brother) on the phone this evening. The last time I saw him he was flying to Never Land at Christmas and now he needs to find his sea legs as he's in rehearsals for a cruise. Bon voyage mon frere.

Rocky in Rocky Horror Show

Caboose in Starlight Express

Aladdin



No comments:

Post a Comment